2013 Castle Fandom “Secret Santa” - Summer Hiatus Version
Today marks the kick-off of the 2013 Castle fandom “Secret Santa” - summer hiatus version. It works the same way as any Secret Santa exchange: everyone who submits their information will receive a randomly selected name of another Castle fan, you’ll make a card for them, and you’ll receive one from your own Secret Santa.
(All of these will be sent via internet, because it’s easier for me to manage it that way)
For anyone who participated in the Christmas Secret Santa, this one will be done in the same way, with one main difference - there will be 2 exchanges rather than just one, since summer hiatus is 4 months long (please ensure that you will be able to partake in both exchanges before signing up).
Read on for guidelines and how to become a part - and reblog to spread the word. I can only reach so many people on my own, but with your help, we can spread this throughout the entire fandom!
1. Card can be computer-made, handmade and scanned in, a graphic or gif of some sort, an e-card, a video, a fanfic, or anything else you can think of that can be shared via email. Be creative and have fun with it!
**Please do not use someone else’s copyrighted pictures/materials/graphics as a part of this project without explicit permission from that individual**
2. Please take the time to personalize the card (especially if you choose to use an e-card). All cards should include at least the recipient’s name and a personalized message.
3. Make sure that the recipient can’t tell who the card is from (hence Secret Santa) but if you want to reveal yourself after the exchange, that’s completely up to you.
4. Please read the FAQs if you have any other questions.
If you’re interested, please send me the following info by Monday June 3rd at 10 pm EST (Castle time in the US):
- Name (first name only is fine)
- Username on tumblr, twitter, Facebook, a fan blog, whatever you’re most comfortable with (so your Secret Santa can learn a bit about you to help personalize the card)
- Location (country)
- Email address (for me only; I won’t give this out to anyone)
(Last time, we had some issues with Tumblr eating messages, meaning I never received some people’s submissions and they were unintentionally excluded. If you send in your info and haven’t heard back from me within 24 hours, please check your spam folder and/or message me again.)
I will write down the name of everyone who replies by the deadline and draw out of a hat to determine everyone’s Secret Santa. Pairings will be sent out by Friday June 7th.
Deadline for the first exchange will be Friday, July 12th, and for the second exchange, it will be Friday, August 30th.
For e-cards, please send me the link (make sure it’s available world-wide). For all others, please send them to me in a standard format (jpeg, png, gif, etc) so that they are able to be opened on someone else’s computer.
Once I have all the cards in, I will email them to the appropriate recipient by no later than Monday, July 15th and Monday, Sept 2nd, respectively.
Submit your info and any questions to me at:
- Twitter (DM me)
- fanfiction.net (PM me) *FFN has a tendency to delete email addresses, so please add spaces between any . or @ signs.